Today Governor Pritzker announced the launch of a new website detailing the state’s evolving response to COVID-19 and resources available to Illinois residents during this challenging time.
Now all information pertaining to COVID-19 can be found at: Coronavirus.illinois.gov. Residents will be able to access the following on the new website:
• News: The latest announcements from the Governor’s
Office and state agencies on the evolving response to COVID-19.
• Prevention: Tips to keep safe and healthy practices at home, in the office, in long term care facilities, in homeless shelters, around local neighborhoods and during day-to-day activities.
• Preparation: How to take effective actions to plan for a situation where you may get sick, such as implementing family action plans, and what to do if you suspect you may have been exposed to COVID-19.
• FAQs: Answers to general questions on COVID-19 and more specific questions related to education and unemployment.
• Resources: Guidance from experts at the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and crucial information for both families and medical providers.
• About Coronavirus: What is coronavirus? Instructions on what individuals can do to protect themselves and help prevent community spread.
The Illinois Department of Public Health has a statewide COVID-19 hotline and website to answer any questions from the public or to report a suspected case: call 1-800-889-3931 or visit IDPH.illinois.gov.